All the hostels here in Mexico give you coffee with your breakfast. I usually don't drink coffee at all, because I hate the taste, and because I don't like the idea of becoming a caffeine addict. But lately, I've started drinking the hostel coffee. Here's a few reasons why.
- It's there.
- It's free.
- It's hot.
- It's boiled, so the water is free of germs. That means a bit less bottled water that I have to buy.
- I'm getting used to the taste.
- I don't think it's very strong (it doesn't make my hands shake, like café coffee does).
- Peer pressure (and no, this doesn't mean that if everyone in the hostel snorts cocaine for breakfast, I'll do that too!).
- There's no tea; or (more likely) I'm too lazy to look for the tea.