Welcome to the site
This is the first blog entry on my new world trip site. Welcome! There isn't much content on this site yet, but I will be filling it up with stories, photos, and much more, over the coming year.
As you can find out from looking on the about page, in 3 weeks' time I will be leaving my home town of Sydney — and my home country of Australia — and embarking on a world trip for 12 months. I've made this site in order to let people know where I am and what crazy things I'm up to, and also to permanently document what is sure to be the journey of a lifetime.
This site was made using Drupal, along with a number of Drupal's fabulous add-on modules. Some of the cool features of this site — and the Drupal modules that power them — include:
- A gallery that pulls photos (grouped into albums) from my Flickr account (using the Flickrhood module)
- Blog entries that contain embedded Flickr photos (using the FlickrStickr module)
- A locations index that plots all the places I've visited on a Google map (using the GMap module and the Location module)
- A tags page that lists all the site's tags (used to classify blog entries) in a tag cloud (using the Tagadelic module)
- A consistent, hierarchical navigation tree for the whole site (using the Category module)
Come back regularly, because I'll be updating this site regularly as I traverse the globe!